my mourning into dancing;
you have loosed my sackcloth
and clothed me with gladness,
that my glory may sing
your praise and not be silent.
O LORD my God,
I will give thanks to you forever!
Psalm 30:11-12
Perhaps I post a little too much on my blog, but there are always new discoveries to share and new characteristics and actions of God to learn about. As my friend so eloquently puts it - "caught in an endless cycle of rediscovery". And it's been a whirlwind cycle for me lately. I'm discovering that God creates days of prosperity and days of adversity (Ecclesiastes 7:14) but each day is a day to rejoice (Psalm 118:24)! For my family at least, the last few months have been days of "adversity" and doubts and a dim future, but we're still hoping. Have you ever noticed that God brings us through these trials so we can learn to rely on Him solely? Here Lord, I am weak but be strong for me, Father. I can't do this alone. All this to say, last night I was thinking about dancing and instances in The Bible where dancing occurred. Flipped to the handy concordance in the back and came upon the verse up above. "You have turned for me my mourning into dancing!" What an exquisitely lovely thought. David, persecuted and chased by his enemies, could later praise God and testify that God had lifted him up from the pit and made him glad. And how I want that to be true in my life; though the storms crash around us and our hearts falter, we will still praise Him. I don't know about you, but I can't help but smile at the thought of how far God has led me. He's walked with me by still waters and then through the presence of mine enemies (Psalm 23), but at each step He is leading and that is the key term; I am just following. There are always bends in the roads, new trials to face, harsh battles to fight, but right now, in this moment, I feel like dancing.
I will dance, I will sing
To be mad for my King.
Nothing Lord, is hindering
The passion in my soul.
To be mad for my King.
Nothing Lord, is hindering
The passion in my soul.

super encouraging, MaryAnna - thanks for the reminder! :]
ReplyDelete