As I look back over the years, I'm reminded of how God works. And I'm reminded that He promised that life would be full of trials, but that our hearts shouldn't be troubled. And I'm reminded that the flames refine us. And I'm reminded that seasons come and go. That certain phases of our life don't last forever. You and I won't always be struggling with these types of things. A loved one's death won't always sting; a broken heart will mend with His help. And here I was frustrated with my problems and the pain, when I had forgotten who had already brought me through storms I couldn't weather on my own. Here I gazed at temporary things, when He told me to hold on to eternal things. And I realized that when I wandered in the deserts, that fresh streams were a few miles off. How frail we are, how ever affected by the seasons of droughts and famine, and not clinging to the one who never changes. And perhaps this is just a blog post to remind myself and to remind you that God holds your life in His hands. If you are like me and you have had nights of hopelessness, then remember that God rescues and God gives hope to the despairing. I know that, because it has truly happened to me. And as another December rolls in with Christmas songs and gift-giving, remember that God washes us and cleanses so we will be whiter than snow if we are broken and contrite before Him (Psalm 51). Perhaps you will think of snow in a new light this December. Perhaps this month is already looking dim, but hold tight to the God who has brought us thus far...Remember this: God does not change like shifting shadows (James 1:17), God brings us through different seasons (Daniel 2:21), God refines us (Psalm 66:10), God is greater than our hearts (1st John 3:20).
"I would have despaired unless I had believed
I would see the goodness of God in the land of the living."
Psalm 27:13

No comments:
Post a Comment