I happened upon this quote while working through Beth Moore's bible study on Esther. It absolutely related to the situation I've been going through for the past few months -- a very happy time. Perhaps that's why I haven't written in so long! I find myself most "inspired" and drawing closer to God in those dark moments when you can't hold on to anything else.
To be honest, sometimes it's hard for me to discipline myself to spend time with God because life is going well; as if I didn't need Him all the time. Well, recently, as I said, I've been in a season of happiness. But the sad thing about it was, I was almost complaining about a problem-free life because it hindered my spiritual life. Which brings me to the quote -- what a beautiful reminder of how God works!
It was a beautiful realization when I finally had the revelation that God is not only present in those moments of despair and anxiety -- He's there in those moments of big smiles and sunshine. I know, I know...I should have known that already, silly me! I had wasted precious moments wondering why life was going so well or questioning God's motives and plans. Instead of just willingly accepting my state, I was skeptical -- "OK, God, what are You really up to?" Was this some sort of set-up for a greater disaster; a teaser of sorts.
All this to say, I'm finally just enjoying this time of gladness and high spirits. Perhaps for some of you reading this, what I just said strikes a chord in your life at the time also. Yet, maybe for most of you, life still sucks, to put it bluntly. I'm not saying all this to rub anything in anyone's face. I guess I just want to encourage you to keep trusting God that He will give you joy and even seasons of happiness. It's difficult; on some days, I didn't believe I could ever be genuinely happy again. Melodramatic, but true. Tragedy could strike tomorrow, but right now I'm thanking God for this season of happiness and contentment. My times are in Your hands.
"So when a time of happiness comes, I think we ought to take it and run..."

Beautiful post, and what an encouragement it is! :) Glad to hear you are in a state of happiness and joy. Those are times to be truly most thankful for. :D
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderfully blessed day!
Angel
This is beautiful, and so true. Thank you for the encouragement! <3
ReplyDeleteI can be like that, too. Thank you for the wonderful and encouraging reminder!
ReplyDeletedesert song - hillsong
ReplyDelete