
I was almost named just "Mary". That would have been fine, I'm sure. I like being named Mary, for Mary "treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." While others question my overanalyzing and overthinking, You have plumbed the depths with me and let me treasure things up and ponder them. Let the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight.
But Mary was too short on its own, hence comes "Anna". I am beginning to cherish being named Anna, for Anna means "grace". I have a poor understanding of grace, but as You've shown me my own worthlessness, brokenness, and sinfulness, I begin to see the beauty of this gift. May Your grace stir me to a thankfulness for its covering of my sin, convict me of its abuse when I make the same mistakes, and lead me to see others through its lens.
No comments:
Post a Comment