
Crying on the living room couch, I told my dad that I was afraid that I've been disobeying God so blatantly that He won't answer my prayers. He queried back with a gentle smile, "Do I treat you like that?" I realized that I never really could deserve any of God's goodness towards me anyway. Nothing I do could ever earn me the good things God bestows on me, and He has given me so much over the years even without me asking. Through my earthly father, I experience the patience and mercy and kindness of my heavenly Father. This is a beautiful privilege and I'm thankful for it.
"Which of you fathers, if your son ask for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" Luke 11:11-13
No comments:
Post a Comment