This post is dedicated to the man I see on Tuesday nights who sits by himself at a lone table in the cafeteria; the one that is dressed sloppily and whose eyes droop. I pray that He comes to know God. This post is dedicated to my friend who is still looking for love in the wrong places. I pray that she finds not what she wants, but what she needs. This post is dedicated to my family who love me through and through. I praise God for them all. This post is dedicated to my friend who pretends to have it together but really doesn't. I pray that she remembers where her worth comes from. This post is dedicated to my kindred-spirits who saw me for what I was and loved me anyway. I can't thank you enough. This post is dedicated to my friend who bears the disappoints and insults of a mother everyday. I'm thankful that he is able to forgive her. This post is dedicated to my friend who doesn't quite know how to love. I pray that God's light shines in her darkness. This post is dedicated to sweet girl I get to interact with every week who lives in two different houses because a marriage didn't hold together. I know that she is comforted by her heavenly Father. This post is dedicated to all the people who feel alone and wonder why on earth they're still living. You are noticed and you are never alone.
And lastly, this is post is dedicated to You, God. Amidst the nights of loneliness, You held my heart. Amidst the days of trying to get attention, you reminded me that You are enough. Amidst the thoughts and doubts concerning salvation, You reminded me of the Son, Jesus Christ, and the power of the cross. Amidst the questions without answers, You said Yourself some things were a mystery and I would just have to accept it. Amidst the spiritual desserts, You were alive and breaking the bondage of sin and death. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Your glory and the cross and how Your very essence is love. Not just these words, let this heart be wholly Yours.
So, Happy Valentine's Day, readers. You are loved; don't give up. Ephesians 3:14-19 - "that you being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend the breadth and the length and the height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge..."
I am so glad you are my friend. <3
ReplyDeleteHi MaryAnna,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through Jessica's (Far From Perfect) and I just wanted to say that your blog is wonderful! I have really enjoyed it so far and look forward to more! This post is especially beautiful. :)
Elizabeth